Released on May 15th, 2016.
This is the first stable version of b2evolution 6.7.x. As of today, the core dev team is using this on the majority of their production servers.
Also available on GitHub.
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
- Version 6.7.x requires an
.htaccessfile with additional rewrite rules compared to version 6.6.x. If you upgrade, make sure you properly deploy the included
sample.htaccessfile. Otherwise the REST API will not work.
In addition to features of 6.7.1-beta:
- Enhanced several widgets with a "Layout" setting which allows better flexibility for Responsive Design.
- New "Featured Posts" widget (ideal for front pages; uses RWD layout by default).
- Setting to enable/disable displaying of featured posts above post list.
- Enhanced rendering of Prism & Code Hightlight plugins.
- Cleaned up forums skin and correctly show the date of the last reply to a thread depending on the post statuses the user is allowed to see.
- Per-user favorite collections. Each user can choose which collections will appear in the back-office navigation.
- Per-collection plugging settings are now better organized. All types of plugins can now have per-Collection settings, not just Renderer plugins.
- Enhanced back-office UI.
- New Post Type for "Terms & Conditions" + demo content.
- Enhanced permission handling for file root access.
- Allow admins to access all file roots by entering a user or collection name.
- Email sending:
- Email campaigns / newsletters can now be sent out with a scheduled job
- Enhanced notification emails about new users.
- Stopped sending private message notifications to users that cannot access a place to read them.
- PHP 7 compatibility
- Extended AJAX API
- Enhanced GeoIP plugin.
- Skins can now have version numbers that are displayed in the back-office in order to easily check which one is installed.
- Renamed config var
$allow_install_test_featuresto clarify its purpose: if set to true an checkbox in the install process will be displayed. If checked, more test contents and test configs will be activated than during a standard install.
- Added new php_flag to
sample.htaccessto avoid PHP error about populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA.
- Bug fixes.
Comment from: ednong [Visitor]
Logged in I can’t leave a comment. Logged out it is possible? Crazy.
Nice to hear about the new version. What are the system requierements for this new version of b2evo?
Comment from: [Member]
@ednong in version 6.7.x, the system requirements remain as specified in this page: http://b2evolution.net/man/system-requirements
Form is loading...