We have two new releases today:
This release contains several bug fixes tracked down and applied mostly by Tilman (Tblue) with the help of Walter (waltercruz). Also we missed Tilman’s birthday but I believe we’re still close ;)
Quick list of fixes:
- Bugfix: Old chapter URL titles containing underscores work again (fplanque)
- CSS bugfixes (yabs)
- Bugfix: Set post type to “Post” when creating a post using the “Simple” form (tblue)
- Bugfix: Don’t display the user’s full name if it isn’t set when deleting users (tblue)
- Fixed “Duplicate entry” SQL error after renaming plugin events (sam2kb)
- Display submit button on category widget when requested (tblue)
- Validate w and m URL params (tblue)
- tempskin param: Do not allow the use of not installed skins (tblue)
- Fix bug in Photoblog skin (media index) (tblue)
- Completed German translation (tblue)
- Localization system fixes (tblue)
- Bugfix: The plugin info screen now shows correct info for installed plugins (tblue)
- Additional bug fixes (walter)
3.2.0-beta “Woodland Hills”
In this release, we added many new features over 3.1.0 so we called it a “beta” again… but it’s getting pretty close to our goals for version 3… (planning for this dates back to when I was living in Woodland Hills ;)
We are running several blogs on 3.2 in production already – including b2evolution.net.
- Post attachments. Non image files that are linked to a post will be listed and linked below the post. (sam2kb)
- All default skins now support featured posts and intro posts. (fplanque).
- Category, tag, archive and search pages now only display post excerpts by default. (Requires a 3.x skin; otherwise the skin will display full posts as before). This can be controlled in the Blog settings > SEO. (fplanque)
- Skins can now have a _skin.class.php file to override default Skin behaviour and provide skin specific settings. Demo: the custom skin has configurable header colors. The settings can be changed through Blog Settings > Skin Settings (fplanque) – Anyone is welcome to extend those settings for any skin you like.
- Skins can now have an item.css file to specify content formats. This will be reused in WYSIWYG editors. (fplanque)
URLs & SEO:
- Homepage: option to 301 redirect to canonical homepage. (fplanque)
- Date archives: option to 301 redirect to canonical urls. (fplanque)
- Option to support rel="canonical” instead of or when 301 redirect cannot be used. (fplanque)
- Options to select how much content to display (excerpt|teaser|normal) on different types of pages. (fplanque)
- Tag pages: Prefix only mode allows urls like http://…/tag/tag-name with no trailing character (blueyed)
- Optional rel="tag” attribute (blueyed)
- Return to a clean url after posting a comment (fplanque)
Logging & stats:
- Detect new Google “ajax search” urls as search referers. (fplanque)
- Log “serprank” (start= or dc=) param if given in search url. (fplanque)
- Added goal tracker: /htsrv/track.php (fplanque)
- User Interface cleanup (fplanque)
- The blog is now always displayed after publishing a post. If anyone doesn’t actually want this, we can make it an option. (fplanque)
- TinyMCE upgraded to 220.127.116.11 — missing buttons are fixed. (fplanque)
- Plugins can now have Settings that are specific to each blog. (fplanque)
- Included twitter plugin based on twitterlution and extended to handle blog specific twitter accounts.(Lee Turner, fplanque)
- Combined CSS files in order to reduce number of CSS files loaded. (Yes I combined more than I splitted ;) Stubs are left in place for backward compatibility and to prevent 404 errors. (fplanque)
- Bug fixes (tblue, blueyed, waltercruz, fplanque, sam2kb, yabs)
- CSS fixes (tblue, blueyed, fplanque)
- Internationalization fixes (tblue)
Whoa! I can’t wait to install this.
I’ve been so excited for this!
I’m just finishing up a new layout right now (I actually came here to search the forms for help on a small tweak I want to do), and now I’m hoping I didn’t change too much that my skins will explode when I upgrade, lol.
“Options to select how much content to display (excerpt|teaser|normal) on different types of pages.”
That’s pretty much what I came here to look up to do on my own. :D
Comment from: John Visitor
Are all files required for an upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2 ?
I’m waiting for the possibility to adapt in every post a unique metatag description and a unique metatag keywords. Then you become more SEO’s there use b2evo ;-)
Comment from: Wondering Visitor
Is there information about the bug fixes in 2.4.7?
Comment from: Earl Visitor
So what are the bug fixes on 2.4.7? I’m wondering if it’s worth the trouble to upgrade. I’ve changed some of the code on my installation and don’t want to risk breaking my blog unless something important was changed on 2.4.7 over 2.4.6. Thanks!
“Snow World” blog updated to v3.2.0-beta ^_^
Including two skins exclusive for v3.x and up - Firebug and Pixeled. Just click my name to see these two skins in action!
Comment from: Member
Can´t find out the link to download 3.2.0 beta.
I followed the link “download here", but this last version doesn’t seem to appear in the second page.
just upgraded to 2.4.7 (my hosting provider installatron not ready for 3.x)…
are there any good features on 2.4.7?
I’ve tried to compile a list of changes/bugfixes made in v2.4.7, but I do not guarantee that the list is complete - I may have missed some CVS commits.
The list has been added to the post above.
Click on the “Download Here” libnk again then click on the 4225kb which is under the “Download” column
Comment from: freez Visitor
To tell the truth, was upset a little. I thought that there is not 2.7, and 3.x a stable version. Tell to me please and when there will be 3.x a stable?
Excuse for my English.
Looks like crossposting *still* isn’t a backoffice setting… Am I the only one to use it?
Easy Update to 3.2.0 in a very short time :-).
Thanks for your work
I downloaded the beta version to my local desktop (vista w/ XAMP 1.6.8)
The editor rocks – but – attaching files is not very obvious. I also added a Word document (file.doc) and it seems to ‘upload’ ok (i didn’t get any errors) but the file didn’t register in the “file manager".
I wonder if the image & link buttons/editor could be enhanced to have a browse button that allows you to select the image or file you ‘d like to link to.
with these, b2evo would just totally rock. content creators just want a way to type and upload their pictures/files to share.
Comment from: myob9a Visitor
Noted that V3.3.0-rc1 is out but still no V3.2 Stable. Any idea of time line for the stable version