Wow! June Already! What happened to April?
It was about time for an update! We’ve got great news!
b2evolution version 6
We’ve made huge progress on b2evolution version 6. Several betas have been released and the latest is 6.4.4 released just 2 days ago! Download Here.
Along the way, we actually added quite a few goodies and b2evolution v6 now far exceeds our original ambitions for this release!
A few highlights of v6:
- Everything is now redesigned 100% in Bootstrap by default: front-office, back-office and even the installer (but it’s still possible to use non-Bootstrap skins of course);
- Tag management interface;
- HTML5 semantic markup;
- Custom templates for custom post types;
- More clean URL schemes accessible without editing any
- Email capture / Quick registration widget;
- More powerful search feature;
- Forums can track what posts you have already read and which are new.
You can find more v6 features/changes in the original 6.0.0 release notes and following.
So the whole app has been redesigned and got a fresh, new, 2015, responsive, bootstrapy look… Now it’s time to also give the website a facelift! (Upgrade it to v6, make it responsive…)
Actually, we’re starting with the logo. Here are a few variations of what we’ve been experimenting with:
What do you think?
Can you tell us which one you like the most?
And possibly why?
All feedback is welcome!
Have you noticed we have been listening more and more to our users’ needs for the last couple of years?
One defining moment was this: Your feedback matters!.
You gave us awesome feedback so far, and we have implemented most of what you requested. A few requests are still in the pipeline, as fixing v6 bugs was a priority over new features. But worry not, if we said we were going to implement it, you’ll see it in the next couple of months.
As you check out b2evolution v6, please continue telling us what you think and what you need. No matter how small or how big! If we can make it happen, we will!