b2evolution 2.2.0-beta "Vegas Again" has been released.
Among many incremental improvements and fixes, version 2.2 introduces Search Engine Optimization (SEO) presets, compiled by two of the best SEOs out there: Aaron Wall (SEO Book) and Stephan Spencer (NetConcepts). Check out the SEO tab under "Blog Settings" to see how the SEO experts would optimize your blog. And you can now have it all done in one single click!
Version 2.2 also fixes a lot of small issues with 2.1 and we're now moving towards a stable 2.x release around the end of the year. Don't hold your breath though, with the new skins 2.x, upgrades are much easier than in the past. Playing with the beta will not require redoing any work when the stable comes out.
More detailed change list:
- Photoblog: (fplanque)
- more accurate photo index.
- better browsing to previous/next post in single post mode
- User interface cleanup (upload, antispam, etc.) (fplanque)
- Date archives, category pages and tag pages: it is now possible to set how many posts are displayed on each of those pages. (fplanque)
- Additional SEO settings (fplanque)
- Presets by Aaron Wall & Stephan Spencer
- It is now possible to use internal nofollows on specific links (sspencer)
- Normalized skin template names (fplanque)
- Security fixes (blueyed)
- XHTML compliance (yabba, hari)
- Bug fixes (blueyed, afwas, fplanque)