b2evolution 3.1.0-beta has just been released. (I just called it “Tilqi” because it’s his birthday today – if you don’t know him, tilqicom is very active & helpful in the forums)
This is a pretty exciting release as it includes many visual features among which:
- A much anticipated integrated WYSIWYG editor (TinyMCE);
- An enhanced menu bar;
- A cleaned up drag’n'drop interface for moving widgets around;
- A much nicer datepicker.
Special thanks to Tilman, Daniel, Walter & Alex for all the debugging they did on top of the previous alpha release. Thank you to everyone who has tested and reported bugs in the forums.
Note: b2evolution 2.x skins should work in 3.x without modification. However in order to use all new 3.x features you may need to add some code.
Here is a quick rundown of new features in 3.1.0 (be sure to also check out the features of 3.0.0 if you haven’t done so yet)
b2evolution 3.1.0-beta “Tilqi”
- Blog features:
- Intro posts: added typecolumn in browse screen and made more silent regarding noindex, sitemaps & notifications.
- The default category for new posts can now be chosen explicitely for each blog.
- Categories can now be reordered manually (instead of alphabetical display). This is a system wide general setting.
- Automatic generation of excepts (fplanque)
- Basic version history of post edits (click on the little clock icon in the post lists) (fplanque)
- Cleaned up AJAX drag & drop interface (fplanque)
- Universal Item List widget now combines the functionality of Post List, Page List, Link List, Link Blog… + combinations. Pretty powerful (fplanque)
- Related posts widget (fplanque)
- Extended widget possibilities (fplanque,yabba,tblue)
- Widgets can be enabled/disabled. (Tblue)
- Sidebar Links item type + widget now allow to display a linkroll without using a separate blog. (walter,fplanque
- Optimized speed/reduced # of queries (blueyed)
- Cleaner URLs when browsing through multiple pages. (fplanque)
- Fixed locale selection during install.
- Do not display locale selector on edit screen if only one locale is available.
- Bugfixes. Many! (Tblue,blueyed,walter)