By using the "Workflow features" in a collection, you will be able to add aditional information to its items with the idea to help on information management processes, making this more visible to your users. The information that could be add to each item is structured as following:
- Priority: lets you to define the priority associated to each item in order to make easier the information control process. This way, you could classify the items according the following priorities scale: Higher, High, Medium, Low and Lowest. Each level is identify with its own color in order to offer an easier way to visualize the items in a result table.
- Assigned to: you can choose who will be the resposible user of a particular item by selecting him from a list of available users. That list works as described:
- If the advanced permissions are disabled on the collection, this list will show all the active users on the site.
- Otherwise, the elements on the list will be filled up only with those users which ‘can_be_asignee’ permission has been granted in Advanced Permissions. Those users that belongs to groups where this permission has been granted, will be part of the potential assignees list.
If the count of available users is less or equal than 20, then their userlogin will be displayed as a select list. In those cases where the count is greater than 20, then the select list will be replaced by a regular text input field empowered with live search on the database.
- Status: each item could be associated with a particular status. There is no limits for the options because, being dinamycs and configurables, they depend of the definition done at: Managing post statuses.
- Deadline: let to stablish a limit date to each item.
In the same way as a new section named "Workflow properties" is added at the top of the Expert Editor, a new tab "Workflow view" will be available at the contents view in order to let you browse items and advantage of this feature.
Note: On version 5.1 this feature are delivered as it, but is meant to be the base of more complex features to be developed in the future.
Created by • Last edit by on Oct 20, 2015
No feedback yet
Form is loading...