This section is part of the form displayed at: Post by email
With these parameters you are able to control the b2evolution’s behaviour after connecting to your email account and seek in your inbox. In plain words, how to find the emails to be posted and how to post them.
- Default category: the ID of the category where your emails will be posted by default. If you are in a multi-blog environment, please remember that the post are hierarchically associated to categories in the same way as the categories are associated with blogs. So, in order to post in a particular blog, you just need to choice the right category.
- Default title: you could set a common title to all the post published by email. If you want to use a custom title instead, then you should include
<title>Your title here...</title>in the body of the message.
- Add <img> tags: by enabling this parameter, the images attached to your emails will be included after the body of the message in the posts. Please, note that those images will be included using a
<img>tag instead of add them as attachements.
- Subject Prefix: every email in your inbox which subject starts with this prefix will be processed and automatically posted in the selected category. The default value of this param is blog:, this means that the subject of the emails to be posted should be something like this: blog: My email published post.
- Body Terminator: For sure you would not like to include in your posts the sign or disclaimers at the footer of each email. By adding this string to the email’s body, you will instruct b2evolution to ignore any text after it. The default value of this parameter is ___ (three consecutive underscore characters).
Note: remember that you should include your login credentials in the body of each email, in order to properly connect with your b2evolution site. Those credentials should be formatted this way:
Created by • Last edit by on Oct 03, 2015
No feedback yet
Form is loading...