Image / Attachment Positions
When images or other files are attached to a post, they can be assigned to different positions:
The image will be displayed before the Teaser of the post. Clicking on the image will zoom it.
The image will be displayed before the Teaser of the post. Clicking on the image will link to the permalink of the post, which should have the same effect as clicking the "read more" or "full story" link.
The image will be displayed before the Teaser of the post. Clicking on the image will link to the External URL of the post, if one has been provided.
The image will be displayed after the Teaserbreak Short Tag and only when full post contents are displayed.
Note: you can click on the little (+) icon to insert a short tag.
The image will be used as a fallback placeholder, for example when we want to display a static image or a thumbnail for a video.
Only some specific skins support this. For example:
- Photo Gallery skins can use this as the Cover photo of a photo album.
- Some skins can use this as a background image for the title area of disp = single.
The screenshot above is taken from the back-office attachments panel of the "Image Post" which is installed by default into "Blog A" (in v6.6.6)
If you look at this post in the front office, by default it looks like this:Short Taget to see the full post, which looks like this:
When you edit this post, you can see that the following files have been attached:
The important things to note here are these:
- The current skin cannot display the Cover position, so the first image never appears.
- The Teaser position appears before the Teaser text.
- The After "more" position appears after the "more" / Teaserbreak link, and only in full-post view (disp = single for example).
- Linked folders will display as a series of thumbnails showing their contents.
Created by • Last edit by on Oct 20, 2015
No feedback yet
Form is loading...