- Front-office Reference
- Widgets Reference
- User Support Widgets
- Email capture / Quick registration widget
Email capture / Quick registration widget
This is new in b2evolution v6.
When placed in the sidebar or in the main area, this widget will display a form with a configurable number of fields.
At a minimum the form will have:
- A field named "Your email:" requiring an email address.
- A submit button with configurable text. Default: "Sign up!"
When submitting the form, if there is no error, a user account will be created.
When the user is already logged in, this widget will display nothing.
The widget has the following params:
- Block title - Default: "Get our newsletter!"
- Intro text (textarea - empty by default)
- Ask for first name: o No o Optional o Required (radio default no)
- Ask for last name: o No o Optional o Required (radio default no)
- Source code: default "email capture form" (this will be saved in the source field of the user account)
- Auto subscribe: 2 checkboxes
-  check to auto subscribe new user to current collection posts
-  check to auto subscribe new user to current collection comments
When submitting, if there are no errors, a user account will be created with the information provided and in addition:
- A random password of 10 chars will be generated.
- A username will be generated by taking out the abc.def part of an email like firstname.lastname@example.org (the valid chars depend onteh setting "/admin.php?ctrl=registration", block "Security options", setting "Require strict logins" )
Created by • Last edit by on May 02, 2015
No feedback yet
Form is loading...