User Registration Settings
This is where you can allow new users to register new accounts for themselves and define the characteristics of the new accounts. Settings with a red asterisk are required; the rest are optional.
- This is where you define if users can register an account for themselves, and if so, what their default permissions will be - in toher words: what User Group they will belong to.
- When a new user account is created, it will be preconfigured with these settings. These are just defaults to create the account. The user can later change these settings in their User Preferences screen.
- This section controls the activation process.
- Under this section, you can modify the required password length, enable strict logins, and choose whether or not special characters are required in user generated passwords.
- The section allows you to choose whether or not new users are required to provide their country, first name, language, and gender when they register. [image:1300:] After a new user registers, you can choose to send them back to the page they were ori…