The Dashboard for a specific Blog / Collections will show items that need attention like:
- Comments awaiting moderation (5 most recent)
- User contributed posts awaiting moderation (this happens with forums)
- Draft posts awaiting to be finished or published
The dashboard will also show recently edited posts.
Comments awaiting moderation
This will show up to 5 comments awaiting moderation. Which comments are considered awaiting moderation depends on Blog > Features > Comment moderation > Comment moderation reminder statuses.
For each of these, the user will be offered the option raising its visibility status to the max (depending on his permissions) if he approves the comment, or to deprecate/recycle the comment if he considers it inappropriate/spam.
When a comment is moderated, it disappears and additional comments awaiting moderation may appear (Automatic AJAX reload).
- Only the comments which status can be raised by the current Moderator User are shown. Otherwise if the status of the first 5 comments could not be changed, then the remaining comments would stay hidden forever.
- When a user has only permission to deprecate/recycle a comment (and no permission to raise), we don’t show it on the dashboard. Please let us know if this is a problem for you.
- The dashboard will only show comments on posts that are themselves in a Visibility Status of ‘Public’, ‘Community’ or ‘Members’. This means that if a posts is under review for example, then its comments won’t be shown here until the post is moderated.
For more granularity in moderation, Moderators are invited to go to the comment management area of the backoffice.