Downloading: b2evolution-6.6.9-stable-2016-05-15.zip 6.6.9-stable
Also available on GitHub.
b2evolution installed & hosted in minutes
By choosing A2 Hosting you benefit from free installation & configuration of b2evolution on your account upon signup.
Do it yourself!
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
In any case, all the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
- If you have been using previous v6 beta versions, you should delete the
boostrap_*skin folders before installing this version. Otherwise you will have old files interfering with the new ones.
- Many root files are no longer needed in this version and should ideally be deleted from your web server.
- You should use the provided tool to convert your database to UTF-8. Please check Upgrade to version 6 for instructions.
In addition to features of version 6.6.8-stable:
- Better display of dates and user names in the Bootstrap Forums skin.
GeoIP.datcan be auto-update if just this one file has write permissions (instead of a whole directory)
- Better compatibility with PHP version 5.2 (especially in the upgrade script). (Note: for PHP 7 compatibility, please use b2evo v 6.7+)
- Suppressed some annoying warnings on some hosts that have PHP
- Fixed block caching for Item specific widgets.
- User interface polishing (read: we fixed some dirty CSS ;)
- Stability improvements (read: we fixed some bugs that should have fixed a long time ago already ;)